Friday, October 27, 2017

Hard Work & Dedication


Image result for hard work and dedication
Google Images
Managing other people can be a complicated situation, especially if the people you manage are older than you. At the age of eighteen I assumed the position of a general manager for a restaurant that I had been already working for three years.


At first everything was simple, my job only consisted of making sure that any costumer that walked into the section or area I was serving had their chips, salsa and drinks, that was my priority for 8 months. Until I started as a waiter, now things got a bit difficult I was constantly messing up orders, taking too long to take an order, small things like that, I never let myself down I was always pushing myself for more.
After completely learning the menu and finally getting the hang of being a waiter, the owner gave me a menu for all the alcoholic drinks that the restaurant serves. Why? I mean at the time I was only seventeen, I couldn't even take an alcoholic drink to a table because of my age. Why would he want me to memorize the alcohol menu for? August 15, 2016 was the day I turned eighteen, that day I had to work, even if it was my birthday. All I can say is that I am glad I showed up to work that day, I remember it like it was yersterday, August 15,2016 was the day that the owner of the restaurant, asked me who would be a good candidate for a manage that would be able to assist them in all of their three locations. I quickly answered and said a waiters name, he looked at me and said "Happy birthday manager."
Image result for managing
Google Images
I have been managing the restaurant for a year now and all I can say that it is a big responsibility, I work every single day of my life, everyone at the restaurant expects me to take care of any issues, basically everyone goes to me for everything. Since I became a manager I lost a lot of friends, I never go out and I'm always busy, but over the course of time things pay off. If it wasn't for the owner of the restaurant I would not be here, my point is that with hard work and dedication everything is possible, who would of though that at the age of eighteen I would be a manager.

7 comments:

  1. This was a great view of your life. I totally agree with you that managing ones who are your elders is tough. I have to do this myself. Keep moving on up in your company. You'll move mountains kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off congratulations on becoming a manager at such a young age. I was only assistant manager at Little Caesars at 18. Always keep your head up, stay open to constructive criticism as learning and you will do good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never managed anyone and that for me is a big issue because I have a strong personality. So hats off to you! Try to give yourself some time but overall great job with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming a manager at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on moving up and sticking to the job even though it was hard at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Management isn't easy no matter the age you manage. It's a lot of tough calls and decision matters. Stay strong in your beliefs and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete

Hard Work & Dedication

Google Images Managing other people can be a complicated situation, especially if the people you manage are older than you. At the ag...