Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Harvey.

Image result for hurricane harvey
Google Images

It all started about two weeks ago, the weather was bad and everyone in Texas was going completely crazy due to the fact that a hurricane was coming, that was supposed to hit in the coast of Corpus Christi, Hurricane Harvey. Now everyone was worried, I on the other hand was not, you might question why? Well simply because at the time I was stubborn.

August 26, 2017, it all started, the weather was horrible, rain was pouring bad, and everyone was home while I was currently working. After leaving work around two in the morning, I noticed that the water was quickly rising, not being able to get to my house do to the water that was already reaching half of my tires, I decided to stay at the nearest gas station. After spending the night at the gas station, I decided to call my parents  to notified them where I was staying at. After a couple of hours, I was able to get to my house only to notice that the water had been able to reach the mobile home that my parents and I are currently living in. I'm not going to lie to you all, seeing my house with water destroyed me. I had been working more that seventy hours at the restaurant I am currently employed at, just to provide my family with a decent home to live in. Now after actually completely doing what I had strive so much for, I came home only to notice that some parts of my house were completely wet and slowly falling apart do to all the leaks in the roof, and from the water that had reached my home.
Image result for harvey news reports of homes
Google Images

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it was bad! I work for an agency and we have been assisting the Baytown community. I also lost everything in a house fire it was depressing! I've experienced many disasters so yes be worried mother nature don't play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harvey was awful, but we banded together and got through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember waking up to water near my garage door. I had never seen my neighborhood with flooded with so much water. I hope you and your family are now doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a night mare still is for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I worked high water rescue and debris efforts afterwards. This is the worst I've ever seen and Baytown didn't even have any storm surge, if so it would have been catastrophic.

    ReplyDelete

Hard Work & Dedication

Google Images Managing other people can be a complicated situation, especially if the people you manage are older than you. At the ag...